When you’re looking for experienced Valleymount tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Valleymount. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Valleymount Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Valleymount and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Valleymount.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Valleymount, Tree Cutting Valleymount and Tree Removal Valleymount
- Stump Grinding Valleymount and Stump Removal Valleymount
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Valleymount and Hedge Trimming Valleymount
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Valleymount and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Valleymount and Management
- Tree Pollarding Valleymount
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Valleymount
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Valleymount.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for approved but extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential risks that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees typically grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional climate, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Valleymount (Irish: Moin an Bhealaigh or An Chrois) is a small village in western County Wicklow, Ireland.