When you’re looking for experienced Tinahely tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Tinahely. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Tinahely Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Tinahely and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Tinahely.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Tinahely, Tree Cutting Tinahely and Tree Removal Tinahely
- Stump Grinding Tinahely and Stump Removal Tinahely
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Tinahely and Hedge Trimming Tinahely
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Tinahely and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Tinahely and Management
- Tree Pollarding Tinahely
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Tinahely
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Tinahely.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given but extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn devices: don; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Tinahely (Irish: Tigh na hÉille, meaning “House of Éille”) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is a market town in the valley of the Derry River, a tributary of the River Slaney.