When you’re looking for experienced Stamullen tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Stamullen. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Stamullen Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Stamullen and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Stamullen.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Stamullen, Tree Cutting Stamullen and Tree Removal Stamullen
- Stump Grinding Stamullen and Stump Removal Stamullen
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Stamullen and Hedge Trimming Stamullen
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Stamullen and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Stamullen and Management
- Tree Pollarding Stamullen
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Stamullen
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Stamullen.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Stamullen (Irish: Steach Maoilín, meaning “Mullen’s house”) is a village in County Meath, Ireland on the border with County Dublin. It lies just off the M1 motorway some 35 km north of Dublin City and beside the Delvin River. In the late 1990s and early 21st century, it expanded significantly with the development of numerous housing estates in the area.