When you’re looking for experienced Navan tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Navan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Navan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Navan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Navan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Navan, Tree Cutting Navan and Tree Removal Navan
- Stump Grinding Navan and Stump Removal Navan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Navan and Hedge Trimming Navan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Navan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Navan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Navan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Navan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Navan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective risks that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Navan ( NAV-ən; Irish: An Uaimh [ənˠ ˈuəvʲ], meaning “the Cave”) is the county town of County Meath, Republic of Ireland. In 2016, it had a population of 30,173, making it the fifth largest town in Ireland. Navan is at the confluence of the River Boyne and Blackwater, around 50 km north west of Dublin. Its name is a palindrome.