When you’re looking for experienced Lusk tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lusk. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lusk Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lusk and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lusk.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lusk, Tree Cutting Lusk and Tree Removal Lusk
- Stump Grinding Lusk and Stump Removal Lusk
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lusk and Hedge Trimming Lusk
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lusk and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lusk and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lusk
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lusk
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lusk.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. However, depending on your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Lusk is an unincorporated community in Scott County, in the U.S. state of Missouri.
Lusk once had a schoolhouse and a chapel, now defunct. The schoolhouse and chapel were named after William M. Lusk, a local preacher.