When you’re looking for experienced Howth tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Howth. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Howth Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Howth and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Howth.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Howth, Tree Cutting Howth and Tree Removal Howth
- Stump Grinding Howth and Stump Removal Howth
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Howth and Hedge Trimming Howth
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Howth and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Howth and Management
- Tree Pollarding Howth
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Howth
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Howth.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered approved however intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Howth ( HOHTH; Irish: Binn Éadair, meaning “Éadar’s peak”) is a village and outer suburb of Dublin, Ireland. The district as a whole occupies the greater part of the peninsula of Howth Head, which forms the northern boundary of Dublin Bay.
Howth has been settled since prehistoric times, and features in Irish mythology. A fishing village and small trading port from at least the 14th century, Howth has grown to become a busy and affluent suburb of Dublin, with a mix of suburban residential development, wild hillside and heathland, golf courses, cliff and coastal paths, a small quarry and a busy commercial fishing port. The only neighbouring district on land is Sutton. Howth is also home to one of the oldest occupied buildings in Ireland, Howth Castle.
Howth is also a civil parish in the ancient barony of Coolock.