When you’re looking for experienced Dún Laoghaire tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dún Laoghaire. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dún Laoghaire Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dún Laoghaire and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dún Laoghaire.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dún Laoghaire, Tree Cutting Dún Laoghaire and Tree Removal Dún Laoghaire
- Stump Grinding Dún Laoghaire and Stump Removal Dún Laoghaire
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dún Laoghaire and Hedge Trimming Dún Laoghaire
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dún Laoghaire and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dún Laoghaire and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dún Laoghaire
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dún Laoghaire
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dún Laoghaire.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: