When you’re looking for experienced Drumone tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Drumone. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Drumone Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Drumone and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Drumone.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Drumone, Tree Cutting Drumone and Tree Removal Drumone
- Stump Grinding Drumone and Stump Removal Drumone
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Drumone and Hedge Trimming Drumone
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Drumone and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Drumone and Management
- Tree Pollarding Drumone
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Drumone
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Drumone.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for prospective dangers that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local climate, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Drumone (Irish: Droim Eamhna) is a small village and townland in western County Meath, Ireland.
The local Roman Catholic church is dedicated to St. Mary and was built in 1834. A nearby disused Gaelic handball court dates to c.1920. The local GAA club is Moylagh GAA.