When you’re looking for experienced Donaghmede tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Donaghmede. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Donaghmede Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Donaghmede and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Donaghmede.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Donaghmede, Tree Cutting Donaghmede and Tree Removal Donaghmede
- Stump Grinding Donaghmede and Stump Removal Donaghmede
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Donaghmede and Hedge Trimming Donaghmede
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Donaghmede and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Donaghmede and Management
- Tree Pollarding Donaghmede
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Donaghmede
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Donaghmede.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: put on; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you might have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Donaghmede (Irish: Domhnach Míde, meaning “St Mide’s Church”) is a residential suburb on the northern side of Dublin, Ireland, formed from parts of Baldoyle, Coolock and Raheny in the 1970s. It contains a mid-size shopping centre and a ruined chapel, and lies within the jurisdiction of Dublin City Council.