When you’re looking for experienced Blessington tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Blessington. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Blessington Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Blessington and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Blessington.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Blessington, Tree Cutting Blessington and Tree Removal Blessington
- Stump Grinding Blessington and Stump Removal Blessington
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Blessington and Hedge Trimming Blessington
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Blessington and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Blessington and Management
- Tree Pollarding Blessington
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Blessington
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Blessington.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any extra watering. However, depending on your local climate, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Blessington, historically known as Ballycomeen (Irish: Baile Coimín, meaning “town of Comyn”, from the Irish surname Ó Coimín), is a town on the River Liffey in Wicklow, Ireland, near the border with Kildare. It is around 25 km south-west of Dublin, and is situated on the N81 road, which connects Dublin to Tullow.