When you’re looking for experienced Batterstown tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Batterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Batterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Batterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Batterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Batterstown, Tree Cutting Batterstown and Tree Removal Batterstown
- Stump Grinding Batterstown and Stump Removal Batterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Batterstown and Hedge Trimming Batterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Batterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Batterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Batterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Batterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Batterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for granted however extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible risks that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Lawn equipment: put on; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees typically grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Batterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a small rural village in the townland of Rathregan (Ráth Riagáin), County Meath, Ireland. It is about 23 km (14 mi) northwest of Dublin, on the R154 regional road. It hosts a yearly cycling race. There are approximately forty houses in Batterstown. The population of Batterstown is approximately 150 people.