When you’re looking for experienced Baldoyle tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Baldoyle. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Baldoyle Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Baldoyle and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Baldoyle.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Baldoyle, Tree Cutting Baldoyle and Tree Removal Baldoyle
- Stump Grinding Baldoyle and Stump Removal Baldoyle
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Baldoyle and Hedge Trimming Baldoyle
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Baldoyle and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Baldoyle and Management
- Tree Pollarding Baldoyle
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Baldoyle
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Baldoyle.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for approved but extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective risks that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you might need to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Baldoyle (Irish: Baile Dúill) is a coastal suburb of Dublin’s northside. It is located in the southeastern part of the jurisdiction of Fingal, Ireland, developed from a former fishing village.
Baldoyle is also a civil parish in the barony of Coolock within the historic County Dublin.