When you’re looking for experienced Annamoe tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Annamoe. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Annamoe Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Annamoe and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Annamoe.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Annamoe, Tree Cutting Annamoe and Tree Removal Annamoe
- Stump Grinding Annamoe and Stump Removal Annamoe
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Annamoe and Hedge Trimming Annamoe
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Annamoe and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Annamoe and Management
- Tree Pollarding Annamoe
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Annamoe
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Annamoe.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Useful Links: Garden & Landscape Designers Association, The National Gardening Association, Royal Horticultural Society of Ireland.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted but intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to care for and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees usually grow well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any extra watering. However, depending on your local environment, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Annamoe (Irish: Áth na mBó, meaning “ford of the cows”) is a village located on the Avonmore river in County Wicklow, Ireland about 32 km (20 mi) south of Dublin. It is on the R755 road (at the junction with the R763) between Roundwood and Laragh on the road to Glendalough.
The small stone humpback bridge is a common place for tourists to stop and view the County Wicklow scenery. There is a trout fishery in the village with a 4-acre (16,000 m2) lake where one can fly or bait fish. A separate fishing pond for children allows them to catch brown and rainbow trout.
Annamoe is a breeding stronghold of the great spotted woodpecker, Ireland’s newest species.