When you’re looking for experienced Annacurra tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Annacurra. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Annacurra Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Annacurra and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Annacurra.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Annacurra, Tree Cutting Annacurra and Tree Removal Annacurra
- Stump Grinding Annacurra and Stump Removal Annacurra
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Annacurra and Hedge Trimming Annacurra
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Annacurra and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Annacurra and Management
- Tree Pollarding Annacurra
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Annacurra
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Annacurra.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you might need to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Annacurra or Annacurragh (Irish: Áth na Cora) is a small village in South-East County Wicklow, Ireland. It is located just off the R747 road which runs from Arklow to Baltinglass and is about 1.5 miles from Aughrim. The River Derry runs through the village.