When you’re looking for experienced Windy Arbour tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Windy Arbour. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Windy Arbour Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Windy Arbour and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Windy Arbour.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Windy Arbour, Tree Cutting Windy Arbour and Tree Removal Windy Arbour
- Stump Grinding Windy Arbour and Stump Removal Windy Arbour
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Windy Arbour and Hedge Trimming Windy Arbour
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Windy Arbour and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Windy Arbour and Management
- Tree Pollarding Windy Arbour
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Windy Arbour
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Windy Arbour.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered approved however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Windy Arbour (Irish: Na Glasáin) is a small suburban village in the Dundrum area of Dublin, Ireland. Situated between Dundrum and Milltown, along the banks of the Slang River (also Dundrum or Slann River).