When you’re looking for experienced Sandycove tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Sandycove. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Sandycove Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Sandycove and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Sandycove.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Sandycove, Tree Cutting Sandycove and Tree Removal Sandycove
- Stump Grinding Sandycove and Stump Removal Sandycove
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Sandycove and Hedge Trimming Sandycove
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Sandycove and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Sandycove and Management
- Tree Pollarding Sandycove
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Sandycove
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Sandycove.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for granted however extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Sandycove (Irish: Cuas an Ghainimh) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is south east of Dún Laoghaire and Glasthule, and north west of Dalkey. It is a popular seaside resort and is well known for its bathing place, the Forty Foot, which in the past was reserved for men only but is now available for mixed bathing. The locale features in the opening of Ulysses by James Joyce.