When you’re looking for experienced Rathdangan tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathdangan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathdangan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathdangan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathdangan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathdangan, Tree Cutting Rathdangan and Tree Removal Rathdangan
- Stump Grinding Rathdangan and Stump Removal Rathdangan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathdangan and Hedge Trimming Rathdangan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathdangan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathdangan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathdangan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathdangan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathdangan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective risks that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathdangan (Irish: Ráth an Daingin, meaning “Ringfort of the Stronghold”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. It is in the Electoral Division of Rathdangan, in Civil Parish of Kiltegan, in the Barony of Upper Talbotstown.