When you’re looking for experienced Portobello tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Portobello. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Portobello Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Portobello and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Portobello.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Portobello, Tree Cutting Portobello and Tree Removal Portobello
- Stump Grinding Portobello and Stump Removal Portobello
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Portobello and Hedge Trimming Portobello
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Portobello and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Portobello and Management
- Tree Pollarding Portobello
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Portobello
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Portobello.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved but intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: