When you’re looking for experienced Ongar tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Ongar. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Ongar Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Ongar and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Ongar.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Ongar, Tree Cutting Ongar and Tree Removal Ongar
- Stump Grinding Ongar and Stump Removal Ongar
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Ongar and Hedge Trimming Ongar
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Ongar and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Ongar and Management
- Tree Pollarding Ongar
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Ongar
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Ongar.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: