When you’re looking for experienced Mount Merrion tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Mount Merrion. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Mount Merrion Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Mount Merrion and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Mount Merrion.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Mount Merrion, Tree Cutting Mount Merrion and Tree Removal Mount Merrion
- Stump Grinding Mount Merrion and Stump Removal Mount Merrion
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Mount Merrion and Hedge Trimming Mount Merrion
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Mount Merrion and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Mount Merrion and Management
- Tree Pollarding Mount Merrion
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Mount Merrion
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Mount Merrion.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered approved but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Mount Merrion (Irish: Cnoc Mhuirfean) is an affluent suburban area of Dublin, Ireland. It is roughly 7 kilometres (5 mi) south of Dublin city centre and is situated on and around the hill of the same name.