When you’re looking for experienced Lusk tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lusk. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lusk Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lusk and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lusk.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lusk, Tree Cutting Lusk and Tree Removal Lusk
- Stump Grinding Lusk and Stump Removal Lusk
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lusk and Hedge Trimming Lusk
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lusk and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lusk and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lusk
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lusk
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lusk.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered granted but extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible risks that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Lusk is an unincorporated community in Scott County, in the U.S. state of Missouri.
Lusk once had a schoolhouse and a chapel, now defunct. The schoolhouse and chapel were named after William M. Lusk, a local preacher.