When you’re looking for experienced Lullymore tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lullymore. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lullymore Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lullymore and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lullymore.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lullymore, Tree Cutting Lullymore and Tree Removal Lullymore
- Stump Grinding Lullymore and Stump Removal Lullymore
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lullymore and Hedge Trimming Lullymore
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lullymore and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lullymore and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lullymore
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lullymore
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lullymore.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Lullymore (Irish: Loilgheach Mór) is a civil parish in County Kildare in Ireland. It is in the historical barony of Offaly East.
The lowest observed 20th century air temperature in Ireland, -18.8 °C was measured at Lullymore on 2 January 1979.