When you’re looking for experienced Lucan tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lucan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lucan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lucan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lucan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lucan, Tree Cutting Lucan and Tree Removal Lucan
- Stump Grinding Lucan and Stump Removal Lucan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lucan and Hedge Trimming Lucan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lucan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lucan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lucan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lucan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lucan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved however intense weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to look after and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential risks that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you might need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Marcus Annaeus Lucanus (3 November 39 AD – 30 April 65 AD), better known in English as Lucan (), was a Roman poet, born in Corduba (modern-day Córdoba), in Hispania Baetica. He is regarded as one of the outstanding figures of the Imperial Latin period, known in particular for his epic Pharsalia. His youth and speed of composition set him apart from other poets.