When you’re looking for experienced Killester tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Killester. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Killester Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Killester and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Killester.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Killester, Tree Cutting Killester and Tree Removal Killester
- Stump Grinding Killester and Stump Removal Killester
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Killester and Hedge Trimming Killester
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Killester and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Killester and Management
- Tree Pollarding Killester
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Killester
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Killester.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted however extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Killester (Irish: Cill Easra) is a small, largely residential, suburb of Dublin, Ireland on the Northside of the city.
Killester is also a civil parish in the ancient barony of Coolock.