When you’re looking for experienced Inchicore tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Inchicore. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Inchicore Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Inchicore and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Inchicore.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Inchicore, Tree Cutting Inchicore and Tree Removal Inchicore
- Stump Grinding Inchicore and Stump Removal Inchicore
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Inchicore and Hedge Trimming Inchicore
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Inchicore and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Inchicore and Management
- Tree Pollarding Inchicore
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Inchicore
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Inchicore.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard devices: wear; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Inchicore (Irish: Inse Chór, meaning “Island of Sheep”) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland. Located approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) west of the city centre, Inchicore was originally a small village separate to Dublin. The village developed around Richmond Barracks (built 1810) and Inchicore railway works (built 1846), before being incorporated into the expanding city bounds. Inchicore is a largely residential area and is home to the association football club St Patrick’s Athletic FC.