When you’re looking for experienced Enniskerry tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Enniskerry. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Enniskerry Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Enniskerry and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Enniskerry.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Enniskerry, Tree Cutting Enniskerry and Tree Removal Enniskerry
- Stump Grinding Enniskerry and Stump Removal Enniskerry
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Enniskerry and Hedge Trimming Enniskerry
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Enniskerry and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Enniskerry and Management
- Tree Pollarding Enniskerry
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Enniskerry
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Enniskerry.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered approved however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Enniskerry (historically Annaskerry, from Irish: Áth na Sceire, meaning “rugged ford”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. The population was 1,889 at the 2016 census.