When you’re looking for experienced Dolphin’s Barn tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dolphin’s Barn. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dolphin’s Barn Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dolphin’s Barn and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dolphin’s Barn.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dolphin’s Barn, Tree Cutting Dolphin’s Barn and Tree Removal Dolphin’s Barn
- Stump Grinding Dolphin’s Barn and Stump Removal Dolphin’s Barn
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dolphin’s Barn and Hedge Trimming Dolphin’s Barn
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dolphin’s Barn and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dolphin’s Barn and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dolphin’s Barn
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dolphin’s Barn
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dolphin’s Barn.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted however intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to look after and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Dolphin’s Barn (Irish: An Carnán, meaning “the (small) cairn or mound”) is an inner city suburb of Dublin, Ireland, situated on the Southside of the city in the Dublin 8, and partially in the Dublin 12, postal district.