When you’re looking for experienced Darndale tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Darndale. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Darndale Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Darndale and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Darndale.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Darndale, Tree Cutting Darndale and Tree Removal Darndale
- Stump Grinding Darndale and Stump Removal Darndale
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Darndale and Hedge Trimming Darndale
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Darndale and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Darndale and Management
- Tree Pollarding Darndale
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Darndale
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Darndale.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given however intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to look after and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Darndale (Irish: Darndál meaning ”daffodil”) is an area on the Northside of Dublin, in Ireland, featuring a high concentration of social housing. It is located in the north of the sprawling suburb of Coolock. Darndale lies within the Dublin 17 postal district.