When you’re looking for experienced Balrothery tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Balrothery. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Balrothery Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Balrothery and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Balrothery.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Balrothery, Tree Cutting Balrothery and Tree Removal Balrothery
- Stump Grinding Balrothery and Stump Removal Balrothery
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Balrothery and Hedge Trimming Balrothery
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Balrothery and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Balrothery and Management
- Tree Pollarding Balrothery
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Balrothery
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Balrothery.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to look after and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Balrothery (Irish: Baile an Ridire, meaning “Town of the Knight”) is a village and civil parish located in Fingal, Ireland. The town has historically been called in Irish Baile Ruairí (Town of Ruairí).
The 2016 census population for Balrothery was 2,017.