When you’re looking for experienced Ballyboden tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Ballyboden. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Ballyboden Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Ballyboden and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Ballyboden.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Ballyboden, Tree Cutting Ballyboden and Tree Removal Ballyboden
- Stump Grinding Ballyboden and Stump Removal Ballyboden
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Ballyboden and Hedge Trimming Ballyboden
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Ballyboden and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Ballyboden and Management
- Tree Pollarding Ballyboden
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Ballyboden
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Ballyboden.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given however extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Ballyboden (Baile Buadáin in Irish, meaning “Boden Town”) is a locality within the suburb of Rathfarnham in South Dublin, at the foot of the Dublin Mountains between Whitechurch, Ballyroan and Knocklyon. It is a townland in the civil parish of Rathfarnham in the Barony of Uppercross.