When you’re looking for experienced Athboy tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Athboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Athboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Athboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Athboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Athboy, Tree Cutting Athboy and Tree Removal Athboy
- Stump Grinding Athboy and Stump Removal Athboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Athboy and Hedge Trimming Athboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Athboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Athboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Athboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Athboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Athboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for approved however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Athboy (Irish: Baile Átha Buí, meaning “Town of the Yellow Ford”), is a small agricultural town located in County Meath. The town is located on the Yellow Ford River, in wooded country near the County Westmeath border.