When you’re looking for experienced Annacurra tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Annacurra. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Annacurra Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Annacurra and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Annacurra.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Annacurra, Tree Cutting Annacurra and Tree Removal Annacurra
- Stump Grinding Annacurra and Stump Removal Annacurra
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Annacurra and Hedge Trimming Annacurra
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Annacurra and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Annacurra and Management
- Tree Pollarding Annacurra
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Annacurra
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Annacurra.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for granted but intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you might have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Annacurra or Annacurragh (Irish: Áth na Cora) is a small village in South-East County Wicklow, Ireland. It is located just off the R747 road which runs from Arklow to Baltinglass and is about 1.5 miles from Aughrim. The River Derry runs through the village.