When you’re looking for experienced Adamstown tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Adamstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Adamstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Adamstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Adamstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Adamstown, Tree Cutting Adamstown and Tree Removal Adamstown
- Stump Grinding Adamstown and Stump Removal Adamstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Adamstown and Hedge Trimming Adamstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Adamstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Adamstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Adamstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Adamstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Adamstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you may need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Adamstown is a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, located 6 kilometres (4 mi) from Newcastle’s central business district. It is part of the City of Newcastle local government area.