When you’re looking for experienced Sandycove tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Sandycove. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Sandycove Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Sandycove and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Sandycove.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Sandycove, Tree Cutting Sandycove and Tree Removal Sandycove
- Stump Grinding Sandycove and Stump Removal Sandycove
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Sandycove and Hedge Trimming Sandycove
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Sandycove and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Sandycove and Management
- Tree Pollarding Sandycove
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Sandycove
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Sandycove.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective risks that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Sandycove (Irish: Cuas an Ghainimh) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is south east of Dún Laoghaire and Glasthule, and north west of Dalkey. It is a popular seaside resort and is well known for its bathing place, the Forty Foot, which in the past was reserved for men only but is now available for mixed bathing. The locale features in the opening of Ulysses by James Joyce.