When you’re looking for experienced Killester tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Killester. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Killester Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Killester and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Killester.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Killester, Tree Cutting Killester and Tree Removal Killester
- Stump Grinding Killester and Stump Removal Killester
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Killester and Hedge Trimming Killester
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Killester and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Killester and Management
- Tree Pollarding Killester
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Killester
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Killester.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential dangers that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Killester (Irish: Cill Easra) is a small, largely residential, suburb of Dublin, Ireland on the Northside of the city.
Killester is also a civil parish in the ancient barony of Coolock.