When you’re looking for experienced Johnstown tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Johnstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Johnstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Johnstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Johnstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Johnstown, Tree Cutting Johnstown and Tree Removal Johnstown
- Stump Grinding Johnstown and Stump Removal Johnstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Johnstown and Hedge Trimming Johnstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Johnstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Johnstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Johnstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Johnstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Johnstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given but intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: