When you’re looking for experienced Drumcondra tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Drumcondra. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Drumcondra Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Drumcondra and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Drumcondra.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Drumcondra, Tree Cutting Drumcondra and Tree Removal Drumcondra
- Stump Grinding Drumcondra and Stump Removal Drumcondra
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Drumcondra and Hedge Trimming Drumcondra
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Drumcondra and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Drumcondra and Management
- Tree Pollarding Drumcondra
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Drumcondra
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Drumcondra.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given however extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any extra watering. However, depending on your local environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Drumcondra (Irish: Droim Conrach, meaning “Conra’s Ridge”) is a residential area and inner suburb on the Northside of Dublin, Ireland. It is administered by Dublin City Council. The River Tolka and the Royal Canal flow through the area.