When you’re looking for experienced Castleknock tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Castleknock. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Castleknock Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Castleknock and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Castleknock.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Castleknock, Tree Cutting Castleknock and Tree Removal Castleknock
- Stump Grinding Castleknock and Stump Removal Castleknock
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Castleknock and Hedge Trimming Castleknock
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Castleknock and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Castleknock and Management
- Tree Pollarding Castleknock
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Castleknock
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Castleknock.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved however intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective risks that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees typically grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. However, depending on your local climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Castleknock (Irish: Caisleán Cnucha is an affluent suburb located 8 km (5 mi) west of the centre of Dublin city, Ireland. It is centred on a village in Fingal.
In addition to the suburb, the name “Castleknock” also refers to older units of land division: a townland, a civil parish[4 2] and a barony.