When you’re looking for experienced Booterstown tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Booterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Booterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Booterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Booterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Booterstown, Tree Cutting Booterstown and Tree Removal Booterstown
- Stump Grinding Booterstown and Stump Removal Booterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Booterstown and Hedge Trimming Booterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Booterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Booterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Booterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Booterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Booterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for approved however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible dangers that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any extra watering. However, depending on your local environment, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Booterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland. It is also a townland and civil parish in the modern county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown. It is situated about 7 km (4.3 mi) south of Dublin city centre.