When you’re looking for experienced Athboy tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Athboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Athboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Athboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Athboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Athboy, Tree Cutting Athboy and Tree Removal Athboy
- Stump Grinding Athboy and Stump Removal Athboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Athboy and Hedge Trimming Athboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Athboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Athboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Athboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Athboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Athboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional climate, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Athboy (Irish: Baile Átha Buí, meaning “Town of the Yellow Ford”), is a small agricultural town located in County Meath. The town is located on the Yellow Ford River, in wooded country near the County Westmeath border.