When you’re looking for experienced Valleymount tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Valleymount. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Valleymount Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Valleymount and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Valleymount.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Valleymount, Tree Cutting Valleymount and Tree Removal Valleymount
- Stump Grinding Valleymount and Stump Removal Valleymount
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Valleymount and Hedge Trimming Valleymount
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Valleymount and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Valleymount and Management
- Tree Pollarding Valleymount
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Valleymount
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Valleymount.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you might have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Valleymount (Irish: Moin an Bhealaigh or An Chrois) is a small village in western County Wicklow, Ireland.