When you’re looking for experienced Terenure tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Terenure. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Terenure Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Terenure and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Terenure.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Terenure, Tree Cutting Terenure and Tree Removal Terenure
- Stump Grinding Terenure and Stump Removal Terenure
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Terenure and Hedge Trimming Terenure
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Terenure and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Terenure and Management
- Tree Pollarding Terenure
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Terenure
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Terenure.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible risks that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Terenure (Irish: Tír an Iúir, meaning “land of the yew tree”), originally called Roundtown, is a mainly residential suburb of Dublin, Ireland.