When you’re looking for experienced Swords tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Swords. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Swords Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Swords and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Swords.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Swords, Tree Cutting Swords and Tree Removal Swords
- Stump Grinding Swords and Stump Removal Swords
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Swords and Hedge Trimming Swords
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Swords and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Swords and Management
- Tree Pollarding Swords
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Swords
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Swords.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for granted but extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible threats that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: