When you’re looking for experienced Sandymount tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Sandymount. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Sandymount Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Sandymount and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Sandymount.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Sandymount, Tree Cutting Sandymount and Tree Removal Sandymount
- Stump Grinding Sandymount and Stump Removal Sandymount
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Sandymount and Hedge Trimming Sandymount
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Sandymount and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Sandymount and Management
- Tree Pollarding Sandymount
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Sandymount
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Sandymount.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re uncertain about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Sandymount (Irish: Dumhach Thrá) is an affluent coastal suburb in the Dublin 4 district on the south side of Dublin in Ireland.