When you’re looking for experienced Rathnew tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathnew. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathnew Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathnew and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathnew.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathnew, Tree Cutting Rathnew and Tree Removal Rathnew
- Stump Grinding Rathnew and Stump Removal Rathnew
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathnew and Hedge Trimming Rathnew
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathnew and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathnew and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathnew
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathnew
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathnew.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved however intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective dangers that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathnew (Irish: Ráth Naoi, meaning “The Ring Fort of Naoi”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. Located south of the capital Dublin along the M11 between Dublin and Wexford, it is close to the county town of Wicklow, which is situated 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east.