When you’re looking for experienced Newtownmountkennedy tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Newtownmountkennedy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Newtownmountkennedy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Newtownmountkennedy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Newtownmountkennedy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Newtownmountkennedy, Tree Cutting Newtownmountkennedy and Tree Removal Newtownmountkennedy
- Stump Grinding Newtownmountkennedy and Stump Removal Newtownmountkennedy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Newtownmountkennedy and Hedge Trimming Newtownmountkennedy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Newtownmountkennedy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Newtownmountkennedy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Newtownmountkennedy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Newtownmountkennedy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Newtownmountkennedy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective risks that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: don; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Newtownmountkennedy (Irish: Baile an Chinnéidigh, meaning “Kennedy’s town”) is a small town in County Wicklow, Ireland. It developed within the historic townland of Ballygarny (Irish: Baile Ó gCearnaigh) (now Mount Kennedy Demesne), although all that remains is a motte where a church, graveyard and a castle or tower house once stood just 0.85 km (0.53 mi) north of the town. It acquired its present name in the mid-seventeenth-century, when Sir Robert Kennedy, M.P. for Kildare, made it his principal residence. It is just off the N11 road to Wexford, just south of Kilpedder and south-west of Greystones. It is about 15 km (9.3 mi) north of Wicklow town, 15 km (9.3 mi) south of Bray and approximately 35 km (22 mi) from Dublin. The R772 regional road passes through the village. This was the main Dublin-Wexford route, the N11, but the village was bypassed by the new N11 dual carriageway in 1990. This town has one of the longest place names in Ireland.
Between the 2011 and 2016 census, the population of the town increased by 17.6% (from 2,410 to 2,835 inhabitants), one of the highest growth rates in County Wicklow on the period. The area is a dormitory town for some workers commuting to Bray and Dublin.
The headquarters of Coillte, the Irish Forestry Board, are situated in the village forest. Newtownmountkennedy is in the Roman Catholic parish of Kilquade and one of the Kilquade parish’s two chapels of ease is located in the village at the junction with the Roundwood Road.