When you’re looking for experienced Mount Merrion tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Mount Merrion. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Mount Merrion Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Mount Merrion and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Mount Merrion.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Mount Merrion, Tree Cutting Mount Merrion and Tree Removal Mount Merrion
- Stump Grinding Mount Merrion and Stump Removal Mount Merrion
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Mount Merrion and Hedge Trimming Mount Merrion
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Mount Merrion and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Mount Merrion and Management
- Tree Pollarding Mount Merrion
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Mount Merrion
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Mount Merrion.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any extra watering. However, depending on your local climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Mount Merrion (Irish: Cnoc Mhuirfean) is an affluent suburban area of Dublin, Ireland. It is roughly 7 kilometres (5 mi) south of Dublin city centre and is situated on and around the hill of the same name.