When you’re looking for experienced Kentstown tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Kentstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Kentstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Kentstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Kentstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Kentstown, Tree Cutting Kentstown and Tree Removal Kentstown
- Stump Grinding Kentstown and Stump Removal Kentstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Kentstown and Hedge Trimming Kentstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Kentstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Kentstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Kentstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Kentstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Kentstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible threats that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: put on; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees usually thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Kentstown (Irish: Baile an Cheantaigh) is a village in County Meath in Ireland at the junction of the R153 and R150 regional roads.