When you’re looking for experienced Goatstown tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Goatstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Goatstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Goatstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Goatstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Goatstown, Tree Cutting Goatstown and Tree Removal Goatstown
- Stump Grinding Goatstown and Stump Removal Goatstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Goatstown and Hedge Trimming Goatstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Goatstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Goatstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Goatstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Goatstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Goatstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for prospective risks that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Goatstown (Irish: Baile na nGabhar) is a small, affluent, Southside suburb of Dublin, Ireland. To the west is Dundrum, to the east is Blackrock, to the south is Sandyford, and to the north Ranelagh. It is mainly a residential area, with a primary school called Our Lady’s Grove, and two all girls secondary schools, Mount Anville and Jesus and Mary. There are great amenities such as restaurants, a pub, a post office and various shops.