When you’re looking for experienced Garristown tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Garristown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Garristown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Garristown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Garristown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Garristown, Tree Cutting Garristown and Tree Removal Garristown
- Stump Grinding Garristown and Stump Removal Garristown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Garristown and Hedge Trimming Garristown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Garristown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Garristown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Garristown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Garristown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Garristown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved but intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential dangers that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Lawn devices: don; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Garristown (Irish: Baile Gháire) is a village in north-west Fingal, Ireland. It is also a civil parish in the historic barony of Balrothery West.